Wednesday 10 May 2017

London Town

A couple of weeks ago I jumped on a train and travelled first class down to London for a four day city break to visit my sister.

I've been to London a fair few times now and have done all the 'go to' tourist sites so I try and think of something different to do each time I visit.

Before I left for London my sister told me about a website where you can apply to be in the audience for some of your favourite telly shows. The application is really easy and only takes a few minutes. Luckily for me I managed to get tickets to see both Loose Women and Tonight at the London Palladium. Both of these shows were being recorded on the same day so it was quite full on, but what days in London aren't?!



I preferred seeing Tonight at the London Palladium, there was so much going on and the host, Bradley Walsh (who I love) was so engaged with the audience ensuring everyone was having the best time!



Sadly at both shows they are very strict on photography, so I didn't manage to take many, especially after I got shouted at by security at Loose Women, sorry guys!

If you want something different to do next time you're in London visit: www.sroaudiences.com. Don't worry if you're not a fan of either of the programmes I went to see, there are loads to choose from, next time I'm praying I get Graham Norton tickets!

Another thing that I always do a lot of in London is eat. This was the first week in about two months where I just kinda ate whatever I wanted and worried about the side effects later!

I try to always make a point of going to The Breakfast Club when I'm in London as it's my favourite place to indulge in pancakes swimming in maple syrup, I regret nothing!



I also tried a few new places including Ping Pong where I had dumpings for the first time, I know, I've been missing out! We also visited the Liberty cafe for the first time, which was an absolute treat. I always love a stroll around the store as I think there is nowhere else like it which continues on in their cafe which feature amazing salt and pepper shakers.










Whenever I book trips to London I always try to do and see as much as possible, and if its free then it's even better. I managed to stumble across a little Harry Potter exhibition at House of Minalima in Soho where they presented the art work from both the Harry Potter films and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. They had a pretty big selection from a floor covered in the Marauders Map to a fire place filled full of Harry's letter from Hogwarts. The selection was also available to purchase so if you're after some of the films artwork then I'd definitely recommend going and having a look as some pieces were selling out!





One thing I didn't have time to do was visit the Missguided store over at Westfield so next time that'll be on the top of my to do list, at least we've got the concession here at Selfridges.

Here's a few other snaps for you to feast your eyes on!







If you've got any hints or tips for my next visit then I'd love to hear them!