Saturday 6 October 2018

September Round Up

Every month I find myself thinking, I'm going to be better this month. I'll get more outfit photos and post more on my blog than the previous month. The beginning of September was no different.

However, now at the start of October, I discovered that September is always going to be one of my busiest months at work, alongside popping back home for two weekends and then spending the final days recovering from a cider induced headache. I slept and ate as much as I possibly could.

Let's see if October is going to be any different, I'm hoping so!

So September, like I said I travelled home for two weekends in a row, one for work, one for pleasure. But I equally have managed to do some London tourist activities while the novelty of living in the capital is still within me.

Let's have a look at what was involved shall we?


First time I've worn this beaut skirt from Zara!






Right at the start of the month my sister and I took a little trip into London to have a look at a Banksy exhibition that was on. Sadly, we only got to see this during it's final days otherwise I would have absolutely shared this with you sooner!

I don't know if this is just me, but I had no idea that he created sculptures. I probably should have known since he created Dismaland a couple of years ago! Please, don't judge me.

Anyway! It was a great opportunity to see his work in all forms. This event was free which I always think is amazing. I think it's a great idea to encourage people to go and see different forms of art; when there is no cost it hopefully motivates more people to do so.

We even got to see Balloon Girl without it shredding itself!



At the start of the month I feel like we were spoilt with the warm weather continuing! Taking advantage of this, my sister and I headed out to Richmond Park. One, to cheer on her boyfriend who was doing a 50 mile bike ride to raise money for Bloodwise, amazing, I know! Two, to use the opportunity to visit the park for the first time and be on look out for all the deer!

It's a really beautiful park and one that I hope I can visit more often. When I moved to London I had no idea that there was so many green areas! Not much different from Marple really!


London has so many bridges giving you the opportunity to see the city at different points along the Thames.




 *WARNING TOURIST PICTURE*



Next on my London tourist to do list was Hampton Court Palace. September has really been a learning month! History used to be one of my favorite subjects at school so getting chance to learn more about Henry VIII was right up my street. I had no idea that Hampton Court Palace used to be his 'holiday home'. I can't help but get jealous at the fact that the parties we throw are nowhere near as extravagant as the Tudors; equally I'm also glad that I don't have to worry about someone wanting to behead me!



After not even living in London for a month I found myself back home in Manchester for a work event. Taking full advantage that they paid for my train ticket I spent the weekend at home catching up with friends and family. 

What Sunday isn't complete without a roast courtesy of The Blue Pig, a pint of cider and catch up with your best mate, who has described me moving to London, like going through a break up, but our long distance relationship is going strong!


Managed to find an excuse to wear my favourite dress from Topshop again!



My second weekend at home was purely for pleasure! Helping one of my very close friends celebrate as she got married! Emma was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen and I'm so happy for her! Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Brodie!



I also had my first visit to Yard & Coop! Chicken lover if you haven't been, drop everything and go! The best chicken and chips I have had, complete with mac and cheese and an Oreo milkshake.

It is not however diet friendly and I was defeated by portion sizes, or the fact that I simply ordered too much food...


September saw me working late on quite a few occasions, giving me the chance to walk along the Thames and see the city all lit up.


Before my sister moved to London, many years ago, we used to be cinema buddies. It's nice that we can start doing this again. Last weekend we took a trip to the Everyman Cinema (these are all over the UK, not just in London!) to see King of Thieves accompanied by a Coke float and fresh cookie dough with ice cream. In my opinion it was a good film, not the best, but Michael Caine is still a national treasure.


Quite an outfit change from the start of the month, something I am very happy with! Here's to layering up and welcoming Autumn with open arms! This dress is perfect for all seasons, it's gone from 35 degree heat in Thailand to 12 degrees in London.

So that was September; it's only once I have written it all down that I realise how much I did actually get up to.

Here's to October! My birthday month!!

You might also like:

August Round Up

July Round Up

Six Month Review

No comments: