Sunday 11 November 2018

Must Have Advent Calendars of 2018

Last year I put together a post about some of my favourite advent calendars that were on offer. I enjoyed writing the piece so much, I thought I would do the same this year!

I guess these advent calendars have become a bit of a tradition. Until this year, I've always stuck to the usual oldie but goodie advent calendar of chocolate. However, this year my sister and I have gone halves on a beauty one which I am very excited about! But I think I'll save that one to the end.

Here we go then, my must have advent calendars for 2018!

Tesco

Alongside my beauty calendar I am still going to be having a chocolate calendar. December mornings just wouldn't be the same otherwise.

I think the Heroes calendar is such a good idea, if you're like me, the thought of not knowing which chocolate I'm going to get each morning is something to get excited about (easily pleased I know). If Heroes don't tickle your fancy Quality Street and Celebration have also created their own!

Waitrose

It was only yesterday that I had a gin and tonic and actually quite enjoyed it. When it comes to alcohol I'm guilty of needing something sweet, but I also agree that there's probably a gin out there for me, I just need to find it.

For all you gin lovers though this calendar can be found at Waitrose for a pretty reasonable price of £60. Like all calendars I think this is a great opportunity to try new products that you might like and in this case, that's gin!

If gin isn't your tipple of choice there's plenty of other alcoholic beverage alternatives which can be found using our wonderful friend, Google.

The Body Shop

Last year I was working for The Body Shop at Home and for some reason I thought it would be best not to feature their advent calendars as I guess I didn't want to be an annoying representative. I do however, think that their advent calendars are great.

They have three on offer ranging from £45 to £99 and have a great selection of their products. Each year they also release their Christmas fragrances. Last year my obsession was with frosted berries, this year it's peppermint candy cane.

Aldi

Remember when Aldi released their candles that were so similar to Jo Malone that the whole of the UK went mad? Well they have gone and taken it one step further and for the first time ever they have released their own advent calendar. At £50 it's still not cheap, but perfect for anyone who fell in love with their candles and want to try the beauty products.

Lookfantastic

And I've saved the best til last!

Yesterday I attended the Stylist Live event and Lookfantastic were just one of the many stands there. I have never signed up to receive their beauty boxes, but my sister has and she loves getting them every month. Their stand was great and gave you the opportunity to put together your own box of 5 products for £15. Loving a bargain we found out we could get a box for free when purchasing one of their advent calendars.

I'm not made of money so the thought of £60 (a special offer at the event) on a calendar is quite a lot to me. But my sister and I have decided to split the cost and equally split the products. This might also be a great idea for anyone who would like to do the same!

So there you have it, my favourite advent calendars for 2018! I'd love to hear which ones you will be purchasing and getting excited to open come the 1st of December!

You might also like:

Top 5 Advent Calendars

Six Month Review

Let's Stop Putting so Much Pressure on Ourselves 

No comments: