Friday 16 March 2018

Blogger Pressures to Always Wear Something New

Zara Crossbody bag with embossed chain



I may have been blogging a year now however, when it comes to putting outfits together for posts just like this one I often find myself getting rather worked up.

Many thoughts start running through my head, including 'I thought this would look better on', 'why have I again left it til the morning of shooting to decide what to wear' and 'I just want my readers to like it!'

All of which are thoughts I kinda need to stop having. No it doesn't look as great on as I imagined, get over it and pull something else out the wardrobe. Do not leave it til the morning of, again!! And finally, yes I do hope you all like the outfits I put together, however I dress for myself and myself alone. As long as I feel happy, comfortable and confident then nothing else should matter. However if you do love my outfit I'd love to hear from you because I buzz off the compliments!


Coat - Hobbs (similar here), Necklace - Chanel, Top - H&M (similar here), Trousers - Topshop (similar here), Trainers - Adidas, Bag - Zara

Zara Crossbody bag with embossed chain

Before last week, I can't quite remember when the last time was that I bought new clothes. However, with Zara being a Spring/Summer haven I recently, and very happily I might add, parted with some of my hard earned cash!

My point is, like many others I look in my wardrobe and think I have nothing to wear! Which does sometimes make me think, I can't shoot an outfit, I have nothing new enough. But I'm ready to shake this mentality.

Realistically, everything that features on my blog isn't going to be new, and that's okay. As long as I can offer similar alternatives I am happy with that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't ever feel the pressure from people to always buy new clothes and only post new pieces. As long as you're happy with what you're wearing that is all the matters.


Zara Crossbody bag with embossed chain

Zara Crossbody bag with embossed chain

One year on, these are still my favourite trousers, even more so as I lost so much weight I had to get the next size down in order for them to fit me and even they are a little baggy!

The next step of being able to post the same outfit more than once on Instagram without the fear of people realising my salary doesn't stretch far enough for me to be able to buy a new outfit for every single day.

Here's to the sustainability of the environment and my bank account!

Photography by Lauren Siddall.

No comments: