Monday 23 April 2018

Altea - Top 3 Things To Do

A couple of weeks back my Mum and I took a well deserved break and spent a week in Altea, Spain. We only booked this holiday around a month before we set off mainly because I had annual leave at work that I needed to use up! I am however starting to learn that I find it very hard to say no to a holiday!



This trip meant that I got to tick off one of my new years resolutions a month earlier than I originally planned as I have never actually been to mainland Spain before!

We stayed in Altea at a hotel called Cap Negret. Due to our visit being at the end of March there were a few days where the weather was a little chilly. However, we took this as an opportunity to go exploring the local city!

Altea is in the Coasta Blanca, and is a fairly small town but has plenty of shops, restaurants and local sites to keep you busy!



Here are my top 3 things to do in Altea, Spain.

1. Visit Planet Vintage

This store is situated on the main road in and out of the town and somewhere that I could have literally spent hours exploring. They have an amazing selection of clothing, accessories and furniture, and everything that you can see is pretty much up for sale!. While we were exploring I had to keep reminding myself that we didn't have the world's largest suitcase and I couldn't in fact buy everything that I absolutely loved!

The best part about this store was that they did have a selection of sizes in most pieces, but there wasn't mass production of the stock so thankfully the majority of things were very unique.

As if I couldn't have loved this store anymore, while you're wondering round the multiple rooms which are filled with hidden gems you could quite possibly also be followed around by the store dog who just likes to keep you company.





2. Climb the steps to Parroquia Nuestra Senora del Consuelo

After speaking to a few other guests at our hotel they all recommended climbing up to the Dome.

It is possible to get a taxi up to the top, however I would highly suggest that you do take the on foot scenic route. This way you're able to look over Altea at different heights and also get the Insta-worthy shots of the incredibly cute Spanish streets.

As you make your way to the top there is a variety of boutiques to visit alongside plenty of choice of restaurants where you can order your body weight in tapas, feeling a little less guilty because you can walk it off on your way back down again.




3. Have lunch on the beach front

After taking our final stroll into the town we walked back along the beach front and stopped for a spot of lunch at Amar Beach Club. It was one of those moments where we wish we'd know about it sooner in the holiday as we could have quite happily spent so much more time there!

It was a Saturday afternoon, we sat in the sun, eating stir fry and listening to the amazing DJ that they had on that afternoon.



So there you have it! I'm so happy I've now ticked Spain off my travel bucket list but it doesn't mean that I never want to return, I have just got a few more places to visit on my list first!

No comments: